Birth, marriage and death records are recorded in this office. Certified copies of birth, marriage, and death certificates are provided upon request. There is a $25 fee for one certified copy and $2 for each additional copy of the same record when ordered at the same time. The check is payable to “Bridgewater Township”.
Mail your payment along with a photocopy of your driver’s license and the completed form to:
Office of Vital Statistics Township of Bridgewater 100 Commons Way Bridgewater, NJ 08807
The Registrar of Vital Statistics, Nadine Belnay, can be reached at (908) 725-6300 ext. 5203, or by email at email@example.com
Certified copies of non-genealogical vital records of all births, deaths, marriages/civil unions that occur within the Township of Bridgewater are available from Bridgewater Vital Statistics.
The fee is $25 for the first certified copy and $2 for each additional certified copy of the same vital record. The fee is payable with cash, a money order or a check made out to “Bridgewater Township.” We do not accept credit or debit cards.
Bridgewater Township Vital Statistics complies with the requirements of the State Department of Vital Statistics and Registry regarding who is eligible to receive a certified copy of a vital record. You will need to fully identify the record and provide proof of your identity, current residence and, if appropriate, your relationship to the person listed on the vital record you are requesting.
- Certificates can be obtained in person at the Bridgewater Municipal Building, located at 100 Commons Way between 9:00 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Tuesday and Thursday by appointment. To schedule an appointment please call 908-725-6300 ext 5203.
- If you are requesting a certified copy through the mail, complete an application, photocopy your driver’s license with your current address, and include payment with your request. Please do not send cash through the mail. Send all requests to Bridgewater Township Health Department, 100 Commons Way, Bridgewater, NJ 08807.
This office only provides non-genealogical, certified copies of vital statistics. Go to Non-Genealogical Records for more information from the State Department of Vital Statistics and Registry.
Marriage and Civil Union
Applications are accepted between 9 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and Tuesday and Thursday by appointment only. It is recommended that appointments be made for all marriage licenses. To schedule an appointment please call 908-725-6300 ext 5203.
You must bring the following information and/or documents with you at the time of application:
- Required: Proof of current address. One of the applicants must be a Bridgewater resident as you must apply in the municipality where one of the applicants lives. If both applicants live out of state, you can only apply in Bridgewater if the marriage/civil union will occur in Bridgewater and the license will only be valid in this municipality.
- Required: Government-issued proof of identity – Valid driver’s license or passport.
- Required: A witness, 18 years of age or older, who has a valid government-issued proof of identity and understands English. If one or both applicants do not understand English, the witness must know both languages.
- Required: $28 application fee by check, money order or exact cash.